In case you missed it the Configuration Manager documentation library has been updated. There are more than a few really interesting updates this time for Configuration Manger 2012. In short they are the following,
- Supported configurations for Configuration Manager
- Configure Database replicas for Management points
- How to install clients on Mac computers in Configuration Manager
- How to install clients on Linux and UNIX computers in Configuration Manager
- Operations and Maintenance for content Management in Configuration Manager
- New built in Task Sequence variables in Configuration Manager
- How to provision Windows To Go in Configuration Manager
- Prestart Commands form Operating System Media in Configuration Manager
- Configuration Manager upgrade Assessment tool
The list above I’ve bolded two of the lines. Mac clients need the Certificate Revocation List as they always check for it when connecting to site servers. I really need to convince my better half to let me install the client to her MacBook Pro, because I need to test this feature, it’s just that great.
Something else I’ve been waiting for is the ability to provision Windows To Go with Configuration Manager. Note this is a Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 feature. Windows To Go will really make a difference for many travelling, you can always keep a “spare” computer in your luggage in case your laptop gets stolen, lost or even if it breaks. How nice will it be to walk into any local computer store and buy any cheap hardware, boot your Windows To Go and access your corporate information. I just love the sound of that.
Management has gone a long way and I can’t see any product better suited for managing your heterogeneous environment than Configuration Manager. It’s just that good